We are pleased to announce the return of Fireside Chats at theDoighouse Learning Center ltd.
TheDoighouse Learning Centre team is developing this year’s fireside chats program. Our 2021 lineup includes panel discussions, local sustainability champions, lots of discussion, opportunities to win prizes like a night’s stay in the Earthship. The fireside chats will be held the second Wednesday of each month.
Our 2021 programming will open February 10th with “Building an Earthship in a Coastal Rainforest”; a moderated speaker panel including the owners and others who’ve played a significant role in theDoighouse Earthship build project.
We’d like to invite you to join us on February 10th, 2021 on zoom for our kickoff.
Come learn about our journey, hear from a panel of natural building practitioners, and connect with other people interested in cultivating a life in harmony with people and planet. We look forward to seeing you there – Tickets available on Eventbrite.
If you’re unable to donate for whatever reasons, please contact Susan at email@example.com and she will provide you with a ticket.
What you can expect
- Insight into natural building in a Coastal BC rainforest
- Space to pose questions and connect with our panel of speakers
- The chance hear from many different perspectives
- A sense of community with others passionate about sustainability
- Susan & Tony Doig – theDoighouse learning centre
- Mark Fleischhaker – structural engineer
- David K – amazing volunteer and teacher
- Hans L. – international volunteer
- Jay Need – Kiwi Built Ltd builder
- Keith Tatlow – architect
- Cecilia Jaques – Sustainability consultant & panel facilitator
This fireside chat will be focused on theDoighouse construction, linking it with the UN Sustainable Development Goals – specifically:
- #3 – Good Health & Well-being,
- #11 – Sustainable cities and communities
- #12 – Responsible consumption and production
- #15 – Life on Land
The event will be moderated by Cecilia Jaques, MSc, BA with the zoom panel session running from 7:00pm – 8pm.
Participation is by donation, with tickets available on Eventbrite.